With Thanksgiving upon us, many people will reflect on the things they are thankful for this year. At Tropical Financial, we are thankful for many things, including the opportunity to serve our local communities.
Giving back is in our DNA. This year, Tropical Financial gave over $32,000 to local charities through donations and event sponsorships, and our employees have given their time and energy to bettering the areas in which we serve. At our credit union, “We Care” are not words, they are our culture.
Here are some examples of how Tropical Financial, its employees, and its members have given back.
- Supported WPLG Local 10's annual Day of Giving by donating two grocery carts full of food items to assist local hunger relief organizations.
- This year, we will once again partner with WPLG for its annual Big Bus Toy Express to collect toys and donations for the Marie Corps’ Toys for Tots program. You can stop by any of our South Florida branches and donate a new, unwrapped toy, and we will load it on the bus on December 8 at our Plantation branch.
- Exhibited at the 2023 Engage Leadership Conference held at the Miami Lakes Educational Center as part of our partnership with Miami-Dade County public schools.
- Participated in the annual Red Cross Dine & Dock Humanitarian event, where employee donations equaled 12 families saved. We also helped the American Red Cross raise money for those impacted by the devastating Hawaii wildfires.
- Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Summer Jobs Miami Connect, a program that employs inner-city youth for the summer, by donating hydration packs to the young participants.
- Awarded a $5,000 scholarship and two $2,500 scholarships to local students.
- Supported the annual Prestige Club of Southwest Broward’s annual Bart Reed Love Fest Picnic in Davie that benefited nearly 2,000 children and their families.
- In addition, our employees participated in walks to support various nonprofit organizations such as the National Alzheimer’s Association and the Humane Society of Broward County.
If you would like to support the Toys for Tots program this year, drop off a new, unwrapped toy at any of our South Florida branches, where we will have collection boxes set up.