Get Beyond High Tuition With A TFCU Scholarship
TFCU is committing to 3 Scholarships this year. One grand prize of $5,000 and two $2,500 scholarships to students. The scholarships this year are open to both high school seniors preparing for college as well as adult students who are already in college, adults planning on attending college or adults returning to college for a master’s level of education.
What's New This Year?
Our application has gone digital. All applicants will be required to download and complete the PDF application and upload it as an attachment or take a picture then upload it along will other required supporting documentation via the submission form on this page.
Scholarship Recipients & Awards
This year our prizes are bigger! We will be awarding 3 students scholarships in the form of a grand prize of $5,000 and two $2,500 prizes. The grand prize ($5,000) and one ($2,500) scholarship will be reserved for high school students entering college. The third prize of ($2,500) will be reserved for a non-traditional student (enrolled in college, adult student returning to college, master’s degree). We kindly ask recipients to either send us a video or picture, representing their chosen school (ex. t-shirt, hat, foam finger, etc.) so we can share on social media. Scholarship funds will be directly deposited into the account of recipient’s designated school.
To enter for a chance to be awarded, follow these simple steps:
READ THE RULES
Read the rules and fill out your scholarship application online.
THE APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTATION
Complete the application and provide all necessary documentation. It must be received no later than the end of day on March 31st, 2021.
Eligibility for All Scholarships
1. Scholarships are available for accredited colleges or technical schools.
2. The applicant must be a member in good standing at Tropical Financial Credit Union as of March 31st, 2021; being a relative of a member does not qualify the applicant.
3. Tropical Financial Credit Union employees, elected or appointed officials of this Credit
1. Must meet all eligibility requirements.
2. All applicants are required to submit a letter of recommendation.
3. Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
4. Applicants are required to submit an essay summarizing educational goals, how Tropical Financial Credit Union has assisted you in your finances, and your personal objectives. This essay must be a maximum of 500 words typewritten (not handwritten).
5. The application form and all supporting documentation must be received at Tropical Financial Credit Union between March 1st, 2021 and no later than 11:59PM EST on March 31st, 2021. Applicants must fill out the form provided on this page and upload all required documents.
6. Applicant must be accepted to a college or technical school before scholarship funds are disbursed.
Please download the full application for additional information.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION TODAY!
Be sure to include all required documentation and submit by end of day on March 30, 2021. Good Luck!